Barry Manilow, an American singer-songwriter, has announced a new tour called Manilow: Hits 2022, which will get up in June and feature jazz saxophonist Dave Koz as an opening act. In June, the first leg of the tour will take place in the United Kingdom, with seven arena shows. The tour’s North American leg will begin on August 4 at Boston’s TD Garden. Before ending on August 14 in Pennsylvania, the tour will visit New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
Barry Manilow’s ‘Manilow Hits’ 2022 tour dates, where to buy:
Manilow’s tour tickets are available at Live Nation or Ticketmaster. Manilow’s US tour presale will begin on May 12 with the Code Finale. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, May 13 at 11 a.m. EST through Ticketmaster. His tour dates are as follows:
- Manchester, UK, 16 June – Arena AO
- Birmingham, UK, 17 June – Arena at Resorts World
- London, UK, June 19th – Oxygen
- Cardiff, UK, 20 June – Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
- Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, June 22 – Newcastle’s Utilita Arena
- Glasgow, UK, June 23 OVO Hydro
- Leeds, UK, June 25 – First Direct Arena
- TD Garden, Boston, MA, 4 August
- Prudential Center, Newark, NJ, August 5
- UBS Arena, Belmont Park, NY, August 6
- PPL Center, Allentown, PA, August 12
- Dunkin’ Donuts Center, Providence, RI, August 13
- Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA, 14 August
In a statement, Barry Manilow said:
“I’m looking forward to playing in front of large crowds, rather than on the road. My music seems to be holding up for some reason. There are large audiences who enjoy hearing Can’t Smile Without You, Copacabana, Mandy, and I Write the Songs, so I’m pleased they’re still available.”
The 78-year-old artist was diagnosed with Covid earlier this year and had to cancel the opening night of his musical Harmony. The stage musical’s music was written by Barry Manilow, and it premiered in California in 1997 before coming to New York City 25 years later. Harmony has previously staged productions in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Atlanta.
Barry Manilow is one of the best-selling recording artists of all time, with over 85 million albums sold worldwide. His career as a singer, songwriter, pianist, arranger, and producer spans seven decades. The singer is the No. 1 adult contemporary artist, according to Billboard and R&R publications.